Tuesday, October 28, 2008

News from Mexico

Hey,
Mom I am so happy to hear that Riley will be home by Christmas, and that Tylar got to be baptized. But I´m especially happy to hear that the Eagles won yesterday!!!! No I´m just kidding. Thanks for letting me know, I love to hear everything that´s going on. That´s awesome that you guys will get to see the rededication of the temple and the cultural event! It´s going to be so awesome. All the missionaries from like 6 missions are going to sit in 2 sections of the stadium and we´re all going to sing (don´t know what song). And we´re all going to receive special Mexico City East Mission ties and handkerchiefs (?). So it should be really cool. We don´t get to go to the rededication but we´re all going to watch it in the stake center. But I´m super excited that you guys can see it because it is gonna be sweet. This week we´re going to be working in the temple for the open house so that should be fun. My companion has been quite interesting lately. He does a lot of things that bug the heck out of me; but it has actually been a blessing because I can´t tell you how much patience I have developed = ). There is a section in Preach My Gospel about developing Christlike attributes and it says that we can´t do that without the help of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. And that is one thing I have really gained a testimony of this week. When I just react before I think about what the Savior would do I end up being rude and hurting my relationship with my companion. But this week I have learned that I need to stop and think, and then act. The Savior blesses me with feelings of love and patience for my companion. Sorry that I don´t have much time, I have to go get my haircut because we´re going to be working at the temple this week. I love you all and hope all is well at home. Sorry this is so short. Love, Rees P.S. Dad when I read about you crashing on your bike I was surprised that I wasn´t laughing. My heart has definitely been softened. I hope you didn´t break any bones in that old body. = ) JK Love you dad.

2 comments:

Tara said...

What a great kid you've got! =)

Cheryl said...

What temple rededication? I must really be out of it.

Great kid. Love those letters.