Monday, October 20, 2008

I Love Mondays!!!

I love Mondays because I get to hear amazing experiences from Rees!!! A special thank you to those who e-mail my boys!!!

Here is his letter: the dangerous part in the letter was a shooting near his apartment!!!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say thank you all for the great emails. I love hearing from everyone and how everything is going. Sorry I can´t email everyone cuz I can only email family but I´ll try and throw in answers to some questions from everyone. This week was great. We got to baptize 3 people! Hector, Alexis, y Areli. It´s been amazing to see the changes in people´s lives. We are so blessed to be members of this Church. So ya, it it pretty dangerous, dad you said that Tracee told you about those two things. It´s not like horrible, only in some areas. Me and another american (our zone leader) did divisions the other day and the people didn´t seem to like that much. We knocked a ton of doors and everyone was super rude. They were all tellin us to go back to our country and to quit lying to the people here. But normally they are super super nice and always give us water and let us teach them. But ya, that day I didn´t feel very safe cuz two americans working together here isn´t the greatest idea, but it all went ok. O ya, I bought a really cheap watch, just in case we got robbed that day = ). But we didn´t, so now I have another watch. Ya I But ya, everything is going good. Friday we organized a family home evening for all the members. We had a couple baptisms and we made a little video for everyone to laugh at, and then we all ate tacos. We bought a ton of meat from the taco guys by our house and they were freakin good. It was super fun and I think all the members liked it. The ward here is awesome (well we have two wards). The members are so nice and so friendly. They feed us lunch everyday and always help me with the spanish. And in return I help all their kids with their english homework = ). That´s always fun. The retention here isn´t so great. That´s definitely one of the biggest problems. Missionaries are good friends with their investigators and are always helping them come to church and to activities, but when the missionaries change areas, the people stop going because they don´t get visits every week. So it´s definitely a challenge. The thing you have to think about is how you can teach them to rely on the Lord now. How to learn from the Book of Mormom and rely on the Spirit. Because when you leave, they need something to help them, and it needs to be the Lord. That´s definitely something I need to do better at, teach people to rely on the Lord and be independent. The people here are amazing I am so blessed to be able to work with them and learn from them. They are very different than us, but they are great. I love you all and hope everyone is doing good. I gotta go, sorry I don´t have time to write more. Love you all! O, tell Jules I got her photos and thank you! O, and the dear elders take about the same time as normal letters, so just do those cuz I´m sure it´s much easier.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love reading his letters. I can just hear him talking.