Monday, October 6, 2008

Letter from Rees

Hey, how´s everything going? I hope everything is well. I´m sure it is. Thanks everyone for the awesome emails. I´m sorry that I can´t email everyone back but please keep emailing because I love to hear from everyone. So, this week was a bit different than normal. My comp was very sick monday thru wednesday, and then I was sick thursday thru saturday. It was pretty sucky. But we still had a great week. Conference was good (from what I understood) = ). We watched it in the stake center and there was hardly anyone there for both saturday sessions. But then on sunday morning there was seriously like a thousand people. They filled every room, hallway, and even set up a huge tent in the parking lot with tv´s in it. And then for sunday afternoon, no one came. So I´m guessing that the sunday morning session is the most important to them. But personally, I love the last last session. The prophet always leaves such a great testimony. I have definitely had my testimony of our living prophet strengthened this weekend. The other thing that I have really noticed lately is how important the family is. We baptised the brother of Billy, who was baptized a couple weeks ago. And their mom was just super emotional every time we visited them this week. When we invited them to conference (she´s not a member by the way), she was like, can you invite my other son too? We had never met him before cuz he doesn´t live there, but you can just tell that she wants all of her kids to have that same joy that the others do now. And then today, we were washing our laundry, and we always do it at this lady´s house, and she´s not a member either, and while we were there she was like, there is nothing good in this life... And I was just like, what? Of course there is! And she asked what, and the first thing that popped into my head was family. She has kids but no husband or anything. But it just hit me so hard, our families are everything. That´s where we experience all the joyful things in life. It´s not at work or at school or when we´re alone; it´s when we´re all together as a family. How lucky are we to be able to live with our families for eternity? Anyways, just thought I´d say that. That´s about all, I gotta get going cuz we´re gonna meet our district leader for tacos cuz he´s changing areas tomorrow. Tomorrow is cambios, or exchanges, but we´re not changing so ya.... I love you all and I hope everyone is doing good. Hope to hear from you all soon!

No comments: