Monday, March 29, 2010

Are We Willing to Do What the Lord Wants Us to Do??

Hey everyone,
What´s new back home? Things here are normal. It´s raining, which is super nice. The sun has just been burning my face these past few days. So the cloud coverage really helps. The work is moving along as well. We had four baptisms yesterday. We have had an amazing experience teaching one of our investigators. I think I might have told you guys last week but we were teaching here and she´s all, I was praying for an answer and I think you guys are it. I learn so much from the people we teach. Being baptized is really a big decision and a huge change in these people´s lives, and I admire so much the faith they have to take such a big step so fast. There is a talk, I dont remember who gave it, but it said that someone who as read the Book of Mormon and prayed to know if it´s true and felt and answer in their heart, will be willing to do anything the Lord tells them to be able to follow him. I have really seen that here in the mission. Those who read and pray with real intent will receive and answer and those who have an answer will do whatever they need to to follow the Lord. Sometimes I am hesitant to do the things I know I need to, but the example these new converts show is really amazing. Our faith is really what will save us. After a long period of time without progression, we dont notice that anything is wrong, and that´s when we need to reflect and think about how we can increase our faith. We need to enter into the unknown, go out of our convert zone and do those extra things that set us apart from the rest, and then the Lord will reveal his hand and our faith will continue to grow. I love you all and hope all is well at home. I gotta get goin, we have a few appointments right now. Keep me updated on all the good stuff.
Love, Rees

No comments: