Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Missionary

Hey Fam!!!!
How´s everything goin at home? Hope all is fantastic! So we had changes tuesday, and I packed up all my junk, went, and then President said I was goin to La Paz, in the stake Los Reyes. Well, my new area touches my old area. I was a bit bummed because it would have been easier to pick up my stuff on the way, but o well. = ) So ya, I´m just right next door to where I was. I´m district leader here too and my new comp is elder hernandez. He´s pretty cool. Kinda weird though. But everyone has their problems. We get along good, just always a bit different at first. The ward here is quite sucky. They´re great people but they´re just not involved in the work like in my other area. It´s soooooooooo much easier to baptize when the members want to help. But mom, I made some little thank-you´s like the one you sent me, so we´ll see how that goes. The sisters in relief society don´t even want to feed us. I don´t really blame them though, I know quite a few of the elders that were here before... and ya, they just weren´t so great. But we´re working our butts off and I´m sure we´ll get the ward goin and have some success here in La Paz. But wow, it is so much harder than my other area, it is like 5 times bigger. So we´re walking like crazy and my legs have been quite tired. It´s kinda nice to get a little exercize in though. O man, also, I got here on Tuesday night, and our house was a pig sty. I just don´t get how some people can live like that. Thanks mom for always keeping the house clean. Anyways, the next day I cleaned all morning and it´s not so bad anymore. = ) But ya, not much else to say. Everything is goin good. Thanks for the letters. Hope all is well at home. O and thanks mom for the package. I eat the candy for breakfrast because they didn´t have food here. = ) Love you guys a ton and appreciate all your love and support. Cuidense mucho!

3 comments:

Carla said...

I love to hear the missionaries when they realize all the things Moms do! You are a great Mom and it shows by what terrific kids you have!

Julianne said...

YES you are an awesome MOM and friend! It is nice to hear Rees realize all the things you have done for him and continue to do!

Tara said...

Dido to both comments! You're an awesome mom!!!