Monday, January 19, 2009

Proud of My Missionary

I love Mondays!! I get a letter from Rees and he is the most amazing missionary!! I can feel of his testimony and the love he has for his mission and it makes me so proud to call him my son!!! Here comes the letter!!
Hey Fam,
How´s everthing goin in AZ? I´m sure everyone there is just stoked about the Cardinals! Have you guys talked to Matt Black to see how excited he is? = ) It´s just such a surprise to hear that the Cardinals will be in the Super Bowl!!!! Anyways, this week was great. Me and my comp have been laughing non-stop this week. Not sure why, it´s just so many funny things happened. A little kid peed (?) on my comps leg so that was just hilarious. Lots of other things but it would be too hard to describe everything. Just know that I´m enjoying my time here. Everything is going good. We baptized 2 people yesterday. I have to tell you about the one. Her name is Alma, and she is the friend of a member. We taught her and gave her a baptismal date and she accepted without even skipping a beat. She was much more easy than most. And then later she told us about how when she was little she always had a dream about one of out chapels, and she was going to church there and she loved it. So growing up she always asked her mom if they could go, but like the other 99% of the people here, she´s catholic and said no. So this girl waited all her youth to be able to go to our church and get baptized. It´s just amazing to see how the Lord prepares people. He´s so involved in this work and as long as we´re obedient, he is never afraid to bless us with miracles. Well, that´s about it. Everything is going good. Also, mom, I was wondering if you could send me some sphagetti (?). I´m craving that right now. No just kidding. I love you all and hope all is well. Tell everyone hi and thanks for the letters.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think he really DOES want the spaghetti... you should send it!

*JULIA* said...

I am so glad you post his letters. He is a very positive missionary and sounds like he is doing great. I think if he were home he would let me sit near HIM in sacrament.

Alyssa said...

cindy! it sounds like rees is doing so awesome!!! its so fun to read these letters! each one i read i get goose bumps and my eyes start to watter! tell him we say hi!!!

ikathy said...

Cindy, I'm Cheryl's sister, Kathy and I just wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog. Appreciate that LOTS! Looks like you have a busy family and a busy life and took some time you probably didn't really have (to give) just to satisfy "the comment challenge". But thanks again!!!!! Oh, and I assume your last name is Winters which is funny since Linda's last name is Winter. Not really funny, funny but you know, funny.

Sue said...

Don't you just LOVE being a missionary Mom? It's the best! How are you? Fun to keep up through the blogs! Love ya.