Monday, January 12, 2009

More from Mexico



Hey everybody,
How´s everything going in Phoenix? I´m sure everyone´s stoked for the Cardinals. But I hope the Eagles slotter them. Let me know how it goes. I saw yesterday in the house of a member that the Eagles won and I was so happy. Keep me filled in on how they do. So this week was awesome. 3 weeks ago a lady in the street came over and talked to us and told us that like 10 years ago missionaries were teaching her and she was going to get baptized but she was too afraid of the water. So anyways, we´ve been teaching her and this week her and her two kids (15 and 13 years old) got baptized. It was awesome to see them all do it together. My companion baptized all 3 of them and I´m not sure why, but he baptizes (?) people really hard, or really fast. So they do like a back flop on the water and it´s really loud and the splash is huge. It´s just kinda funny, all the brothers were trying to tell him to do it slower but he couldn´t, who knows why. So ya, this week was super good. Everything is going good here. The food is starting to taste better. Or I´m starting to lose my sense of taste because of all the spicy food, but either way the food is better. My companion is good. We´ve been getting along much better lately. But the Zone Leaders tell me that they think I´ll have changes this cycle. I don´t think I´ll mind. I´ve always liked change, so hopefully I´ll get to move and know another place and more people. But we´ll see, I´ll let you guys know. Well, not much else, I would send pictures but the computer I´m on is not that great. Hope all is well with everyone there. Tell everyone thanks for the emails because I love hearing how everyone is doing. Keep me updated. Love you guys, talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Rees's swimming instructor capabilities could come into play on his mission. You never think of anyone being afraid of a tub of water.