Monday, October 26, 2009

Pachuca Rocks!!!!






Hey Fam,
What a week! Sounds like everyone is stayin busy at home. That´s awesome that O´Connor is doing good. It´s about time dont ya think??? We had a great week this week. I had changes. I am now in the city of Pachuca in the state of Hidalgo. It is a huge change from where I was. My whole time here I´ve been in pure city, and now I´m out in a smaller town. It´s super chill here tho so that´s cool. I have never seen so many rich and so many poor people in my life. Like half our area is full of rich people (we dont have much success there), and the other have is just dirt poor people (where we have quite a bit more success). We baptized this family this week, they have 6 kids and live in just a little brick room with one mattress. I have never seen anything like it before, but they are so humble out there and that makes them super receptive to the Gospel. It always reminds me of Alma 32. But this area is awesome. It´s known for not baptizing a lot but I´m sure we can change that. The members are amazing. It´s almost like being in a ward back home, with old members who know a lot and a lady who plays the piano (this is the first time I´ve been in a ward with someone who plays the hymns). It´s a great experience. And the food out here is amazing too! The members are a bit more wealthy so we´ve been eating burgers and pizza and this one lady makes a mean lasagna! So far things are going great. Today we went up to this huge Christ statue that was pretty cool. It´s supposedly the second biggest one in the world. I´ll attach a few pictures in a minute. Well that´s about it. Hope you guys know I love and appreciate all your support. Thanks everyone for writin a bunch and keepin me in the loop. Love, Rees P.S. To look up our area, just look up the Christ statue or the soccer stadium of the Pachuca soccer team. It´s kinda near those.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love the pics of Cristo Rey. I found a wonderful link... you should go there. It's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfO-BfxnTTI

I'm sure you will enjoy this as much as I did!

He's way down in the middle of the country. How long has he been out now? He sounds soooo good!