Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference Rocks!!!!




HEY FAM!
What a great weekend huh? This was the first time in my mission that I got to watch conference in english and I have to say that it was so much better! Every message was just amazing. Like you said mom, that message from Holland just blew my socks off. It is so true what he said about the Book of Mormon. It really does change people´s lives. A lot of people dont want to change or obey some commandments (which is normal) but when they read the Book of Mormon and pray about it, they cant help but have a burnign desire to do what´s right and join the church. It really is the best tool we have as missionaries. We have been so blessed in the past months to be able to find so many prepared people. I was reading the Ensign the other day the message about baptism. It says that 1 out of every 1000 doors that is knocked by missionaries gets baptized. But that 600 out of every 1000 references from members gets baptized. That is so true. President Hinckley told us years ago to duplicate the number of convert baptisms. I promise you that the only way to do it is through the members. I hope you all enjoyed conference as much as I did. I cant believe that I´ll only be here for one more! Time is flying and I´m sure it will only keep going faster. The work is amazing. I have been so blessed. Of course there are trials and difficulties, but one miracle overshadows those moments so much. We are so blessed and we have a great responsibility to share this Gospel. I love you all and appreciate all you do for me. Keep on writing and tell everyone I say hi. Love, Rees

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Wow! He only has one more Conference and then he's home? He's grown so much, I love to read his letters. Thanks for sharing them, Cindy.