Sunday, October 18, 2009

Life is Great!!!!!!


This has been an amazing few weeks in my life. I was having promptings about Bart's calling in the stake presidency, but not sure whether I should express them to him!! When I finally did, we talked about that we were inadequate(you know who puts those ideas in your head)!! I was reminded of a scripture that tells us that we are given weaknesses to make us humble and stronger. Needless to say, I am humbled. Last Monday Rees e-mailed Bart and reminded him about the talk Bednar gave in conference about the many little strokes that make up the painting, and thanked Bart for making sure we did the little strokes, prayer, scripture, family home evening, etc. We then felt a little adequacy. I too am thankful that Bart is such a righteous Priesthood holder and great example in our home. Bart and I were able to go to the temple on Friday morning, what a beautiful place the temple is. A friend was outside waiting on a wedding party so she took our picture!!! I don't like pictures of myself, but I love this picture!! I am so thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, I am thankful for a living prophet, President Monson, I am thankful for The Book of Mormon, and I am thankful for wonderful friends and an amazing family. Life is great!!!!!

8 comments:

Sue said...

wow - congrats to you both! What a wonderful opportunity...

Great picture:)

Jessica P. said...

My mom told me about the new calling, he is going to do amazing in the Stake Presidency, he was a wonderful Bishop and I know he will do an awesome job!!

Tara said...

I think that you are both exactly where the Lord wants you to be. And now you have the opportunity to grow even more. Oh, and I love that picture of you guys at the temple. (I love it when a picture turns out good, especially when you don't like pictures of yourself:) You guys are awesome!

Cheryl said...

I am so excited that Ed has such wonderful men to surround him! I loved reading your testimony, thanks.
BTW you two looked awesome in that pic.

The Richardsons said...

Beautiful post. I had a feeling Bart would be involved. It sounds like a wonderful presidency. Love the picture too!

Team Burtenshaw said...

We are excited and happy to sustain you. You will do great and we look forward to many great stake conferences ahead.

Julianne said...

Great picture! You guys are the BEST!

Nancy Page said...

You and your husband wil always have a special place in my heart because of the amazing friends and bishop that you guys were to us at a very tender part of my life. There is nobody better suited for the part, in my opinion. Love you!