Monday, September 7, 2009

Count Your Blessings!!!


Hey Fam,
I cant tell you how great it is to hear from everyone and hear that all is well. Sounds like football season will be much more enjoyable this season! Tell Robert congradulations for me. Things here are great as usual. My companion went home on Thursday so I´ve been movin around working with different elders in the zone. It´s been a nice little change and I´ve really enjoyed it. We had 4 more baptisms this week and it was another amazing experience. A little over a month ago, we were walkin in the street and a white VW bug stops in front of us and a lady rolls down the window and says, "my dad is a member and lives in the U.S., he told me I should talk to you guys when I see you". So we went to her house and taught her and her kids and last week her and her daughter got baptized, and this week her 2 cousins and their 2 kids got baptized too. Sometimes we think miracles are crazy out of the ordinary things but its really not like that at all. When people let us into their houses, read the Book of Mormon, pray about it, go to church, or talk to us in the street, those are the miracles the Lord blesses us with each day. It has been so amazing to be able to witness so many miracles and be a part of this amazing work. The Lord has blessed us so much here and is truly preparing people every day to hear the Gospel. Like I´ve said before, I´ve learned that the majority of the elect that the Lord is preparing are friends or family of church members. I can´t even tell you all how much joy it brings to share the Gospel and be an instrument in the Lord´s hands. Dont ever be afraid to open your mouth. The worst feeling is letting an opportunity pass by and regreting it later. Dont let that happen. Make it a habit to share our beliefs with others. If we´re truly LIVING the Gospel, others will have already seen a difference in us, and want to know more. I know this the work of the Lord. It has to be if a bunch of teenagers can keep it moving forward like it is. I love you all and appreciate all your support. Always remember to count your blessing, we are so blessed. Love, Rees

3 comments:

The McLaws Family said...

Wow what a great story! Thanks for sharing Cindy, I really loved reading his testimony. Super Kid!

Carla said...

I love reading the posts from Rees. He has always sounded very strong but it's so amazing to see his testimony grow just from reading his letters. Thank you for sharing!

Julianne said...

LOVE that picture!