Monday, August 31, 2009

Are You a Member Missionary????

Whats goin on fam?!?!?!
Sounds like all is great. I would have loved to see Vick in an Eagles jersey. I know your probably already doing Christmas shopping mom so just remember that Vick jersey is on my list. = ) Things are goin great here. Just the normal rutine. It is unbelievable how the Lord helps us when we do our part. This week we had 9 baptisms and it was an amazing experience. The Lord is just preparing people every day to hear the missionaries. Sometimes it gets frustrating finding them but if we´re diligent, the Lord alwas puts them into our path. Something I didnt know before the mission is that the members should and can be a huge part of the missionary work. It´s amazing to see the success we can have when the members are excited and doing their part. Something they told us in the MTC is that the majority of the elect are friends or family of members. I have gained a strong testimony of that. When friends/family of church members are baptized, they automatically have 2 of the 3 things the President Hinckley said that each convert needs... a friend and to be nurished by the good word (not sure if thats how you say it in English). It is so much more likely that those converts will stay active in the church and persevere(?) to the end. I love you guys and appreciate all you do. I´ll try to send some pics in a bit. Tell everyone hi and I love them and to keep writing me if they have time.
Love, Rees

1 comment:

Krista said...

WOW! Sounds like Reese is doing so good!! I can't believe he had NINE baptisms!