Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thanks for the Christmas Cards!!!!

Hey Fam,
We had a good week this week. All is going great like always. Just enjoying the blessings. I feel like I write the same things every week so sorry if it gets boring... Ok, before I forget, tell everyone I FINALLY got Christmas cards! Thanks so much everyone. I loved seeing everyone and I cant believe how everyone has changes. Those King boys are sure getting big. I couldn´t believe the Wandelts´ picture either. Congradulations Jim on no surgeries this year! = ) O, I do know Elder Rasmussen. Tell Karleah to tell his mom (if she sees her again) that he is an amazing elder and a great leader. That would be so exciting to see someone from home get their call to here. There are several missionaries that are from the same wards. Small ward huh... Anyways, I dont know what else to say... the work is great. I have really learned during this time that the blessings almost always come after the hard stuff. Sometimes we get so worn out or frustrated working so hard and not having success, but EVERY time the Lord makes it well worth it. There are so many little things that just make it impossible to deny that this is the Lords work. Me and my comp passed a street a couple times in the past weeks and felt that we should go knock it, but we never had time. And this week as we passed we decided to do it. That day we spent the whole morning knocking that one street, not because it was big, but because there were so many people who opened their doors and listened to us. We are so imperfect sometimes, as missionaries we just go out and work wherever, when the Lord wants us to go to certain areas, but He understands and always puts those elect in our path when we´re diligent in our efforts. I dont know if I said this last time, but the Lord is much quicker to bless those who get up and go to work, than those who sit around thinking all day about where they should go. The key to this work, and to life I think, is just that, work. A principle that many lack these days. But like I said, the Lord understands that we´re imperfect and is always sure to bless us when we most need it. I love you all and again thank you for the Christmas cards. Love, Rees

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love it! Great letter, very inspiring. Great Missionary! :D

Ashley said...

Once again, Rees is blowing my mind!