Monday, December 1, 2008

News from Mexico

Hey Everyone!
I can´t tell you how good it was to hear from everyone this week. I´m glad everyone is doing so good. That picture of the fam at the Eagles game killed me a little bit. Also thinking about Thanksgiving dinner is making me miss home a bit right now. Not really, it´s just I would kill for that food right now! = ) They don´t have Thanksgiving here so I didn´t even know when it was. All the missionaries in the district meeting were debating about when it was cuz we really have no clue. Anyways, I´m glad you guys had a good time in Philly and got to see the Zollingers. Those kids are huge. Anyways, ya this week went a bit better than the last. I guess I just have to get used to it a bit more. That first week with the new comp killed me. I have never been so dead in my life. But this past week was better. We´re doing better and getting used to teaching with eachother. That´s probably been the hardest thing, with my first comp he did almost everything, even most the teaching, but now its the exact opposite. It´s amazing how fast you learn when you don´t have someone there to bail you out of dumb things you do. So ya, we´ve just been working like crazy. This last week was the end of the month and we´re always a bit short on money at the end of the month so we walked SO much! My comp got a nice blister so he´s walking a bit slow right now. It´s been kinda difficult to bond with him. He´s not like me at all. But we´ve talked and I think we´ll do better and be more unified this week. He just isn´t very excited and doesn´t like to have very much fun. Kinda boring actually. So it´s just hard to be myself when I´m not lauging all the time. But ya, this week we got all the references from the Open House in the temple, because all the people who aren´t members filled out their address and stuff, and we´ve been visiting all of them and the majority of them are GOLD. The experience they had in the temple really made them realize how awesome and true our church is and they´re all accepting baptismal dates like crazy. So that´s been pretty nice. Umm, what else, nothing I guess. Tell everyone I say hi and I love and miss them. Always remember that this is the Church of Christ. If we´re going to be members of his church we better be ready to face some challenges. What we go through is so small compared to what our Savior did for us. That´s something I heard in a talk by Elder Holland in the MTC and it´s really helped me accept all the hard work. Anyways, I love you all and hope all is well.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

Cindy you are very blessed to have such an amazing son serving such an honorable mission!! I always look forward to reading his letters. Thanks for sharing them with all of us :)

Cheryl said...

Love those letters. He is so fun.