Monday, May 17, 2010

39 Days, but who's counting?????

Hey Fam,
How´s things? Here things are great. The only problem is the fact that I´m from Arizona. These people want to beat the crap out of me! I just say I´m from Utah now and they dont say anything. So this week was good. We had a baptism. I´ll have to tell you guys about it later cuz it was pretty funny. I cant send the picture cuz this computer is being dumb. But next week fore sure. Today was amazing. We had a devotional with Elder Bednar. He blew me away. Bishop McMullin was there too and Elder Johnson, the area president. Overall it was awesome. We talked alot about how to help the investigators learn and experiment the changes in their lives. He said like 20 times and made it quite clear that we are not the ones teaching, but it´s the Spirit. It says in the scriptures that the spirit takes it UNTO their hearts. But they need it to enter INTO their hearts. So as we invite them to make and fulfill commitments they will excersice their faith and open their hearts so that the Spirit can enter. That is when they gain a testimony and become converted. He mentioned how he has asked thousands of recent converts what they remembered about the missionary lessons, and they all respond, NOTHING! They say that it is the most weird unlogical experience of their lives.... angels appearing to a boy, golden plates, etc... But they all feel the power of the Spirit and have that desire to know more. He taught us so much and I wish I could talk about all of it but I cant. I love you all and appreciate the emails. Tell everyone I say hi like always.
Love, Rees

No comments: