Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Miracles!!!

Hey Fam,
Sounds like things are goin good at home. Sounds like it was a bummer week for the Eagles though. I´m always wearing my Vick jersey around the house. = ) I dont have my camera with me so I cant send the pictures of our baptisms yesterday. It was awesome. Tracee wanted me to tell her about the people we´re teaching so I´ll just throw it in here so you guys hear it too. We baptized one guy Miguel. He was one of the biggest miracles I´ve seen in my mission. 3 sundays ago he showed up at church and said that he had heard the missionaries before and was gonna go because he wanted to get back together with his girlfriend, who was a member. But then he decided that those werent good motives for joining the church so he didnt go. But then that day he showed up I sat next to him and we shared my hymn book and he was just belting the hymns. And then he told me his story and how his family wouldnt let us go to his house so we taught him in the church. And ya.... we taught him and 3 weeks later he was baptized. It´s just amazing how the Lord prepares his children. Then the other baptism was Ana Lidia. Shes an older lady with 3 kids and a husband. We knocked her door and she let us in and pulled out a pamphlet that the missionaries had given her before but then they never went back. She told us she had read it like 50 times and wanted to know more. So we taught her and gave her more pamphlets and she said she wasnt ready for baptism at first, but then we gave her her Book of Mormon and she read it and couldnt deny it. So like Miguel, she was baptized 3 weeks later. O and I have to tell you about this kid we found, Raul. We walked by his house and the jehovas witnesses were talkin to him outside and had the bible right up in his face (not that the JW´s are bad). But I saw him and he looked at me and his eyes just said, "save me!". So we went back a bit later when the JW´s were gone and he told us he liked what we believe in and that he wanted to go to church and he showed up alone and spent most the time crying because he loved the Spirit he felt. The Lord just teaches us so much each day through the people we find and the way the Gospel changes their lives. Love you guys and appreciate all your support. Tell everyone at church I say hi. Love, Rees

No comments: