Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Letter from Rees


Hey everyone! I hope everything is going good. I´m doing great here. We baptized a husband and wife yesterday and it was amazing. They both have such strong testimonies already because they have seen the difference the Gospel has made in their lives. Life is hard, but it is so much easier with the Lord at our side. It is so sad to see people reject this message because I know how much happiness it can bring them. But they´ll accept it someday. The people are so nice. Almost everyone we contact in the street stops and listens and says we can come visit them. I appreciate all the emails. Even though it takes away from my writing time it is great to hear from everyone. The food is still pretty gross. Very rarely do I like anything we eat. =) I just buy Chips Ahoy cookies in the little tiendas to snack on. I have gone down a notch in my belt already. But don´t worry I´m not starving. Just eating a lot less. I can´t even describe how grateful I am for America now. We are so so so blessed to live in that amazing country. Anyways, we are teaching a lot. We have several investigators so it´s hard to find time to visit the new ones. As soon as we get a few more baptized we´ll be able to move on a little bit. It just takes so long to get from place to place that you lose all your time. My companion is great. He is a huge help in learning the language. I´m getting better at understanding people but it´s still very hard. It is so loud everywhere here so it is hard to even hear the person next to you. It´s weird how good these people´s hearing is. But ya, everything is good, I sleep like a rock because I´m so stinking tired every night. I hope everything is going good at home. Tell everyone hi. Remember, God is a God of miracles. All we have to do is be worthy and have faith, and He won´t hesitate to bless us with miracles. They happen everyday and we are so blessed to be members of this church.



5 comments:

Tara said...

I love the missionary pic's! I showed my boys and they were so excited! Tell Rees thanks for being a great example!

Julianne said...

He is such a great kid!

Cheryl said...

Great way to share his letters. I loved reading that. I might have to break down & write to him. I need to go there to take my belt down a notch, I'd probably love the food & go up a few notches. :(

Unknown said...

WE MISS YOU GUYS!!

Rees was obviously eating like a king at home - his parents are awesome cooks. I heard big stomach is an delicacy.

Nice job on the blog...how come there aren't anything about BARTMAN or Cindironi?

Cindy said...

Bart and Cindy lead a boring life Jacob!!! We miss ya'll too!! Send some pics of Sandrine!!